TCI


Also found in: Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

TCI

(Trustworthy Computing Initiative) An umbrella term from Microsoft for its efforts to improve security in Windows. TCI was announced in 2002 after viruses such as Code Red and Nimda had succeeded in attacking numerous Windows computers. In 2004, Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP was a major security upgrade that resulted from TCI. See XP SP2.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The 'PL3 Excess Deviation' error is not recoverable and the pump cannot return to TCI, although after powering down the pump on two occasions a new TCI infusion can be commenced, as illustrated by the presence of nine such errors.
If you look at TCI, 80% of the work is global support for the major centres in the US and Asia-Pacific while the remaining 20% work we do here is for Indian programmes.
The Kingdom's business community was the most optimistic topping the trade confidence index with an increase of 14 points thanks to the huge positive impact from global exchange rates (up 20 points), the impact of government regulations (up 27 points), and trade volume (up 14 points), the HSBC said in its 5th TCI report.
The clock generator PLL designs from TCI will be used in a test chip for the ARM Cortex-A9 microprocessor core to validate it in TSMC's 40nm general purpose process technology.
According to the deputy of Iran's Privatization Company, the related contract was signed Sunday with an Iranian consortium named Etemad Mobin Development that includes three firms."The historical deal was signed after an article was added to the $7.8 billion text of the contract according to which the buyer will be committed to the charter of TCI," said Mehdi Oghadaei.The consortium had already bought the shares, in a transaction, but the official contract had yet to be signed.The important deal, the biggest on the Tehran Stock Exchange so far, attracted lots of attention as TCI has monopoly over Iran's fixed line infrastructure, Iran's largest cellular operator (MCI), and Iran's major Internet service provider and data communication operator (DCI).
After deciding to go out on his own again, Threlkeld established TCI in 1982, leasing a space of 1,500 square feet for the first office.
Sankar, Chairman of the Sanmar Group, the TCI Sanmar Chemical units would go on stream by early next year.
With the latest transaction, TCI Cyprus' stake in the Indian lender has increased to 6.6 percent.
It also licenses IBCs and acts as the Company Registry for the TCI. These institutions are subject to on-site examination to determine compliance with TCI laws and regulations.
After the acquisition, TCI will continue to function in its usual capacity, operating environmentally safe disposal of high-level PCB transformers, capacitors and other PCB equipment.
The TCI technology was initially developed by Iomai founder and chief scientific officer Dr.
'However, as the council has needed to spend more time than originally anticipated on the process of winding up the TCI, it is proposed to delay the launch of the new arrangements until the autumn.'