1. any line drawn by a recording instrument or a record consisting of a number of such lines
2. the postulated alteration in the cells of the nervous system that occurs as the result of any experience or learning
3. Geometry the intersection of a surface with a coordinate plane
4. Maths the sum of the diagonal entries of a square matrix
5. Meteorol an amount of precipitation that is too small to be measured
1. either of the two side straps that connect a horse's harness to the swingletree
2. Angling a length of nylon or, formerly, gut attaching a hook or fly to a line
To provide a record of every step, or selected steps, executed by a computer program, and by extension, the record produced by this operation.
The visible path of a moving spot on the screen of a cathode-ray tube. Also known as line.
The record made by a recording device, such as a seismometer or electrocardiograph.
The intersection of two geological surfaces.
The trace of a matrix is the sum of the entries along its principal diagonal. Designated Tr. Also known as spur.
The trace of a linear transformation on a finite-dimensional vector space is the trace (in the sense of the first definition) of the matrix associated with it.
One of the curves along which a given surface cuts a coordinate plane.
A point at which a given straight line in space passes through a coordinate plane. Also known as piercing point.
The projection of a given straight line in space on a coordinate plane.
A precipitation of less than 0.005 inch (0.127 millimeter).
(science and technology)
An extremely small but detectable quantity of a substance.