Tadzhik Agricultural Institute

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Tadzhik Agricultural Institute

 

an educational institution founded in 1931 in Leninabad and moved to Dushanbe in 1944. The institute comprises (1975) departments of agronomy, zootechny, veterinary medicine, agricultural mechanization, and irrigation and land reclamation; a department for the advanced training of specialists; and a correspondence department. It also has a preparatory division, a graduate school, 41 subdepartments, a training and experiment farm, about 100 teaching laboratories, and a library with 300,000 holdings. In the 1974–75 academic year, the institute had an enrollment of 5,000 students and a staff of more than 300, including 14 professors and doctors of sciences and 137 docents and candidates of sciences. It has the right to confer candidates’ degrees. Since 1958 it has published Trudy (Transactions). Between 1931 and 1974 the institute trained about 10,000 specialists.

G. A. ALIEV

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.