the Estonian Soviet motion-picture studio for feature and documentary films. It was established in Tallinn after the restoration of Soviet power in 1940, initially as a studio for newsreels and documentaries. It ceased its operations during the Great Patriotic War, and newsreels were produced at the Lenfil’m and Mosfil’m studios. Tallinfil’m resumed operations in 1944. Since 1954 it has been producing feature films. The studio has had its present name since 1963. It also produces animated and popular-science films.