The Hermitage State Historic Site

The Hermitage State Historic Site


Location:On North Franklin Turnpike in Ho-Ho-Kus.
Special Features:The original section of The Hermitage House was built in the mid-18th century and visited by George Washington and his staff during the Revolutionary War. In 1845, the house was transformed by architect William Ranlett into one of the finest examples of Gothic Revival architecture in North America. Operated by the Friends of the Hermitage, Inc.
Address:335 N Franklin Tpke
Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ 07423

Phone:201-445-8311
Fax:201-445-0437
Web: www.thehermitage.org

See other parks in New Jersey.