a bay of the Kara Sea on the northwestern coast of the Taimyr Peninsula. The bay is 24 km long and about 60 km wide at its entrance. In 1914 the ships Taimyr and Vaigach of a Russian hydrographic expedition wintered in the region of the bay. Kh. Laptev’s detachment discovered the bay in 1741; it was later named in honor of E. V. Toll’.