Tractor Scientific Research Institute

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Tractor Scientific Research Institute

 

(full name, State Union Tractor Scientific Research Institute of the Ministry of Tractor and Agricultural Machine Building of the USSR). The institute was founded in 1925 in Moscow as the Tractor Division of the Scientific Motor Vehicle Institute. Since 1946 it has been an independent institute. It has a branch in Cheliabinsk and four testing stations. The institute deals mainly with the theory, design, testing, and construction of types of tractors and units, the coordination of the development of tractors at other organizations of the sector, and the conduct of economic research. The institute offers graduate study and has published Trudy (Transactions) since 1948.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.