(also Trinity Chronicle), a chronicle codex dating from the early 15th century, written on parchment in the poluustav (a type of half uncial writing) that was used at the time. The chronicle was named after the St. Sergius Trinity Monastery (Troitse-Sergieva Lavra), in the library of which it was discovered by G. F. Miller in the 1760’s. The manuscript was destroyed in the Moscow fire of 1812.
The text began with the Primary Chronicle and covered events through 1408. Historians have particularly valued the accounts of events after 1305 that were written by contemporaries with a pro-Moscow orientation; these accounts included information about the battle of Kulikovo and about the attacks of Edigei and Tokhtamysh. The last 20 pages of the codex contained the life of Sergius of Radonezh.
In 1950, M. D. Priselkov presented a reconstruction of the Troitsa Chronicle based upon the Laurentian Chronicle, N. M. Karamzin’s History, parts of the Simeonov Chronicle, and other sources.