Troitsk State Regional Electric Power Plant

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Troitsk State Regional Electric Power Plant

 

a condensation electric power plant located near the city of Troitsk, Cheliabinsk Oblast, RSFSR. The plant’s rated capacity of 2,500 megawatts (MW) is produced by three 100-MW, four 300-MW, and two 500-MW units. Hard coal from Ekibastuz is used as fuel, and water is supplied by circulating flow from a reservoir, which also serves as a cooler, on the Ui River. Construction of the plant was begun in 1954; the first unit went on-line in 1960, and the last (500 MW) went on-line in 1976. The electric power is carried by high-voltage transmission lines operating at 110, 220, and 500 kilovolts. The Troitsk State Regional Electric Power Plant is part of the Ural Integrated Power Grid and, through it, the Integrated Electric Power Grid of the USSR.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.