Turbino Burial Ground

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Turbino Burial Ground

 

an archaeological remain on the right bank of the Kama River, opposite the mouth of the Chuso-vaia River. Dating from approximately’the 15th and 14th centuries B.C., it was discovered in 1891 and excavated from 1924 to 1960. No skeletons were preserved. Judging from the finds, there were about 200 burials at the site. The finds included objects of stone (flint arrowheads, spearheads, knives, and scrapers and flat nephrite rings), bronze (celts, spears, knives, ornaments, and perforated axes), and silver (a spear and parts of bracelets). The closest parallels to the Turbino burial ground are at the Seima burial ground.

REFERENCE

Bader, O. N. Drevneishie metallurgi Priural’ia. Moscow, 1964.
The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.