Tuvinskaia Pravda

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Tuvinskaia Pravda

 

(Tuvinian Pravda), a Russian-language republic newspaper of the Tuva ASSR. Founded in 1924, Tuvinskaia pravda was the first periodical publication in Tuva. Initially called Krasnyipakhar’ (Red Plowman), it became Novyi put’ (New Way) in 1931 and Vpered (Forward) in 1934; the present name has been used since 1942. After Tuva became part of the USSR in 1944, Tuvinskaia pravda was published first as an oblast newspaper and then, after the formation of the Tuva ASSR in 1961, as a republic newspaper. The paper is printed in Kyzyl six times a week. Tuvinskaia pravda was awarded the Order of the Badge of Honor in 1974. Circulation, 25,000 (1975).

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.