Ureche Glass

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Urech’e Glass

 

ornamented glassware from the Urech’e Glassworks, which existed in Urech’e (in what is now Slutsk Raion, Minsk Oblast, Byelorussian SSR) from 1738 until the mid-19th century. The glassware produced included decanters, goblets, and tumblers. The ware was cut and engraved with diamond tools; plant motifs were often used.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.