Masliaev, Vadim Efimovich
Born Apr. 6 (19), 1914, in the village of Pan’shino, in what is now Radishchevo Raion, Ulianovsk Oblast. Soviet architect. People’s Architect of the USSR (1976). Member of the CPSU since 1945.
Masliaev studied at the Moscow Architectural Institute from 1931 to 1936. In 1958 he became chief architect of Volgograd. His major works, all in Volgograd, include the Palace of Labor (1953) and the Pedagogical Institute (1952).
Masliaev has been awarded the Order of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and several medals.