Vitruvian wave

Also found in: Dictionary.
Related to Vitruvian wave: Greek key, guilloche, volute, Vitruvian Man

vitruvian scroll, Vitruvian wave

Vitruvian scroll
A common motif in classical ornament: a series of scrolls connected by a wave-like band; also called a wave scroll or running dog.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.