Warsaw Metallurgical Plant

Warsaw Metallurgical Plant

 

(Warszawa Metallurgical Plant), one of the largest enterprises of the Polish metallurgical industry; produces carbon and alloy steels and items made from them. The construction of the plant began in 1952 based on technical documentation developed in the USSR. During 1956 two electric furnaces were put into service, in 1957 a foundry began operations, between 1959 and 1962 three open-hearth furnaces, forging and press and auxiliary shops, and a rolling mill were started up, and in 1968 fine and medium rolling mills were added. The equipment in the foundry and blooming mill was made in the USSR, and the other equipment was party built in Poland and partly purchased from the German Democratic Republic, Czechoslovakia, Great Britain, and Sweden. Steel production at the works increased from 170,000 tons in 1960 to 420,000 tons in 1968. The plant was enlarged and modernized in 1971.

A. V. KOMISSAROV

Full browser ?