Win AutoRunA Windows feature that runs a program when an optical disc or USB drive with an AUTORUN.INF file is inserted into the computer. This feature was turned off by default in Windows 7 as a security measure; however, it can be enabled and disabled as follows. See AutoRun.
Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and 10
1. Select Run command (see Win Run command).
2. Enter regedit and click OK.
3. Click down hierarchy (see below).
4. Double click Autorun icon.
5. Change value from 1 to 0 (from yes to no).
6. Restart computer.
Registry Hierarchy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HARDWARE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Cdrom AutoRun
|Follow the Registry path above, and change AutoRun key from 1 to 0 (yes to no).|
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.