Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park


Also found in: Wikipedia.

Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park


Location:On County Road 490 (Yulee Drive), about 2.5 miles west of Homosassa Springs.
Facilities:Picnic area, pavilion, restsrooms.
Special Features:Site was once part of a thriving sugar plantation owned by David Levy Yulee, and the park contains such remnants of the plantation as a 40-foot limestone masonry chimney, iron gears, and a cane press. The steam-driven sugar mill operated from 1851 to 1864 and supplied sugar products for southern troops during the Civil War. After Florida gained statehood, Yulee served in the US House of Representatives and the US Senate.
Address:c/o Crystal River Archaeological State Park
3400 N Museum Pointe
Crystal River, FL 34428

Phone:352-795-3817
Web: www.floridastateparks.org/yuleesugarmill
Size: 9 acres.

See other parks in Florida.