(For Industrialization), a Soviet industrial newspaper published from 1930 to 1937 in Moscow. The newspaper’s predecessors Torgovyi biulleten (Commercial Bulletin, December 1921-January 1922), Torgovaia gazeta (Commercial Gazette, February-April 1922), and Torgovo-promyshlennaia gazeta (Commercial-Industrial Gazette, May 1922–1929), which were published first by the Supreme Council of the National Economy of the RSFSR and subsequently by a similar body of the USSR. In 1930 and 1931 Za industrializatsiiu became the organ of the Supreme Council of the National Economy of the USSR and in 1932 the organ of the People’s Commissariat of Heavy Industry.
In the years of the first five-year plans the newspaper played an important role in mobilizing the efforts of the people to industrialize the country, and it systematically and effectively spotlighted the progress of construction at such major industrial sites as Magnitostroi, Kuznetskstroi, and the Cheliabinsk Tractor Works, as well as the technological reconstruction of the entire economy. It also conducted an extensive technical and industrial education campaign and a campaign for a greater efficiency of production. It greatly contributed to the education of economic cadres and to the launching of large-scale socialist competition. In September 1937, Za industrializatsiiu was superseded by the newspaper Industriia (Industry), which was issued until September 1940 and was in turn superseded from October 1940 to August 1941 by the newspaper Chernaia metallurgiia (Ferrous Metallurgy).