Also found in: Wikipedia.
a tenth-century sculpture, a rare monument of Slavic pagan cult found in the village of Gusiatin on the Zbruch River (a tributary of the Dnestr) in 1848. After the acceptance of Christianity, the idol was probably thrown in the water (like the idols of Perun in Kiev and Novgorod). The idol is a tetrahedral pillar, which measures 2.67 m high and is made of gray limestone. It is decorated with three tiers of relief.