Ac(redirected from a.c.)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Ac, chemical symbol
Ac, symbol for the element actinium.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia™ Copyright © 2022, Columbia University Press. Licensed from Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. On drawings, abbr. for alternating current.
2. On drawings, abbr. for armored cable.
3. Abbr. for air conditioning.
4. Abbr. for “asbestos cement.”
An electric current that varies periodically in value and direction, first flowing in one direction in the circuit and then flowing in the opposite direction; each complete repetition is called a cycle, and the number of repetitions per second is called the frequency; usually expressed in Hertz (Hz).
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
AC(1) The latest Wi-Fi version. See 802.11ac.
(2) (Alternating Current) The common form of electricity from power plant to home and office. Its direction is reversed 60 times per second in the U.S.; 50 times in Europe. Contrast with DC.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.