ambulatory

(redirected from ambulant)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Related to ambulant: conferring

ambulatory

1. able to walk
2. Law (esp of a will) capable of being altered or revoked
3. Architect
a. an aisle running around the east end of a church, esp one that passes behind the sanctuary
b. a place for walking, such as an aisle or a cloister

ambulatory

[′am·byə·lə‚tȯr·ē]
(architecture)
A passageway around the apse of a church, or around a shrine.
A covered walk of a cloister.

ambulatory

ambulatory, 2
1. A passageway around the apse of a church, or for circumambulating a shrine.
2. A covered walk of a cloister.
References in periodicals archive ?
There are also ambulant vendors selling other types of food including rice cakes, gruel and noodles.
This will only make Cardiff a place that becomes renowned for accessibility, for both disabled and ambulant people, not only this country but throughout the world, which would only benefit our economy.
Raw optical data can be stored during ambulant measurement or broadcast to a laptop computer; graphs to illustrate changes in ΔO[sub.
Of the study population, 26% were male and 74% female; 42% of those who initiated treatment were assessed as bedridden, and the remaining 58% were ambulant.
The present study was conducted, therefore, to investigate the association of age with supine and ambulant plasma osmolality and AVP in healthy volunteers.
The offer in the offer includes: - ambulant drug addiction in accordance with legislation no.
LGUs should regulate ambulant vendors outside school premises to ensure that unhealthy and unsafe food will not be offered to students,' said DOH program manager for nutrition Luz Tagunicar.
Data from previous clinical studies of HT-100 in DMD have indicated the lowest doses tested (as low as 300 [micro sign]g/day) were at least as effective as higher doses (up to 1500 [micro sign]g/day) investigated in a subject population that included both ambulant and non-ambulant boys.
Joseph Gray, 17, from Gateshead and a student at Emmanuel College, will represent North East in ambulant long jump and ambulant track 100m.
It's PS24 ambulant disabled with free carer and wheelchair disabled with free carer.
Cette saisie intervient apres celle operee au mois de fevrier dernier oE il a ete saisi chez un commercant ambulant 5166CDcontrefaits dont 4622 CD graves de films etDIVX, 544 CD graves genre DVD ainsique 1018 timbres (ONDA) destines a etre apposes sur ces CD.
NNA - The Secretariat of the March 14 forces condemned in a statement Monday the ambulant security events which affected - less than 48 hours ago - the city of Hermel, and today the city of Choueifat, leaving behind a number of victims.