cushion(redirected from anal cushions)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
1. the resilient felt-covered rim of a billiard table
2. short for air cushion
3. a capital, used in Byzantine, Romanesque, and Norman architecture, in the form of a bowl with a square top
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A volume of water, drilling fluid, or compressed gas injected into the drill pipe or tubing to control both annular and formation pressures.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A convex element resembling a pad.
2. A corbel for roofing, a padstone.
3. Padding, as around glass, to reduce the effects of vibration and abrasion.
4. A piece of timber acting as a cushion or buffer to resist or receive the force of another part of the framing; a cushion piece.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.