References in periodicals archive ?
Recall that transference is the repetition of earlier relationships within the space of analysis--a common manifestation of which might be the analysand treating the analyst as he or she does the parent of the same gender.
The goal of an analysis is not to deprive analysands of all enjoyment, but to dissipate the enjoyment they derive from their symptoms, an enjoyment they are generally conflicted about (or to transform their way of seeing that enjoyment so that they are no longer conflicted about it).
When the analysand exposes such illusion himself, he grows in wisdom, not least by the acknowledgment that he unconsciously chose that illusory good and has clung to it all the while.
The analysands were able to live a new and smooth relational experience once the analyst could bear their sensations, feelings, and discharges.
Rather the claim is verified, or not, by the procedure known as the passe, in which an analysand testifies to the nature of her experience before two other analysands, known as passers, who in turn transmit this testimony to a group of others known as "the cartel of the pass" (Tillet 2001, 130).
It seems that, in their ambivalence, analysands hope simultaneously to get rid of their problems and to hang on to them.
In other words, like the parent-child bond, the analytic relationship is a sacred haven in which analysands have a second chance to realize their vitality and authenticity potentials.
In chapter 5, Stroud argues that such an analysis is unavailable, since for an analysis to be successful it must be impossible for the analysandum to occur without the analysands.
They have been ignored for so long by so many, he maintains, because of the docility of analysands and the tendentiousness of the psychoanalytic establishment.
Characters are driven compulsively back to unresolved tensions or unanswered questions from their pasts, and when resolutions are achieved, Brookner's protagonists are released into the ordinary unhappiness to which Freud consigned his successful analysands.
Among analysands of the past fifty years, there is a common form of psychopathology which differs significantly from the symptom-laden hysterias and obsessional neuroses Freud treated.
Baudelaire's poem, "The Giantess," is a response to one of my analysands who, this morning, arrived at his session after a scene he witnessed yesterday that left him scarcely able to believe his eyes, moved and also troubled.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- analog simulation
- analog states
- analog stereo
- analog sunset
- analog switch
- analog telephone
- analog telephone adapter
- analog telephony
- analog video
- analog voltage
- analog-digital computer
- analogous pole
- analog-to-digital conversion
- analog-to-digital converter
- analog-to-frequency converter
- analogue computer
- Analogy in Biology
- Analogy Model
- Analogy, Legal
- analysis by synthesis
- analysis line
- analysis of variance
- analysis situs
- analytic and synthetic
- analytic continuation
- analytic curve
- analytic extension
- analytic function
- Analytic Functions
- analytic geometry
- Analytic Grid
- analytic hierarchy
- analytic inertial navigation
- analytic mechanics
- analytic number theory
- Analytic Philosophy
- analytic psychology
- analytic regularization
- analytic set
- analytic structure
- analytic trigonometry
- analytical aerotriangulation
Full browser ?
- Analostan Island
- ANALY CHEM
- Analyse Any Real Data Visually Acquire Real Knowledge
- Analyse de Gestion Hospitalière Nationale
- Analyse Decimal
- Analyse des Modes de Défaillance, de Leurs Effets et de Leur Criticité
- analyse des pratiques sociales et projets urbains
- Analyse des Risques et Maîtrise des Points Critiques
- Analyse des Risques Résiduels
- Analyse du Cycle de Vie
- Analyse du Risque Médical
- Analyse Economique et Développement
- Analyse en Composante Principale
- Analyse et Gestion des Etablissements de Santé
- Analyse et Politique Economiques
- Analyse et Programmation
- Analyse et Traitement Electronique de l'Information
- Analyse et Traitement Informatique de la Langue Française
- Analyse Factorielle des Correspondances
- Analyse Fonctionnelle Detaillee
- Analyse Normal
- Analyse Préliminaire de Risque
- Analyse Sensorielle Descriptive Quantifiée
- Analyse This
- Analyse, Développement, Formation
- Analyse, Géométrie, Modélisation