blooming(redirected from anti-blooming)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Defocusing of television picture areas where excessive brightness results in enlargement of spot size and halation of the fluorescent screen.
An increase in radarscope spot size due to an increase in signal intensity.
The migration of sulfur or other substances to the surface of a sample of rubber, causing discoloration.
1. The formation of a thin film of material on the surface of paint causing it to appear lower in gloss and milky in color. It varies in composition depending on the nature of the paint, drying conditions, etc., and may sometimes be removed with a damp cloth.
2. A type of efflorescence that appears on brickwork.
3. A discoloration or change in appearance of the surface of a rubber product (as sulfur bloom and wax bloom) caused by the migration of a liquid or solid to the surface.
4. A defect on a freshly varnished surface, appearing as a cloudy film.
5. A surface film on glass; usually results from the deposition of smoke or vapor.