arbor(redirected from arbor vitae cerebelli)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. a rotating shaft in a machine or power tool on which a milling cutter or grinding wheel is fitted
2. a rotating shaft or mandrel on which a workpiece is fitted for machining
3. Metallurgy a part, piece, or structure used to reinforce the core of a mould
The axle of a wheel in a watch or clock.
A cylindrical device positioned between the spindle and outer bearing of a milling machine and designed to hold a milling cutter.
A shaft or spindle used to hold a revolving cutting tool or the work to be cut.
A device which supports sand cores in molds.
1. A light, open structure having a lattice framework, usually supporting intertwined vines or flowers; a shaded, leafy recess, often formed by tree branches.
2.See counterweight arbor.
3. The rotating shaft of a circular saw, spindle molder, shaper, etc.