Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
He had doubtless planned beforehand that should he slay the major he would leave some such record upon the body as a sign that it was not a common murder, but, from the point of view of the four associates, something in the nature of an act of justice.
When such men are only private individuals and before they get power, this is their character; they associate entirely with their own flatterers or ready tools; or if they want anything from anybody, they in their turn are equally ready to bow down before them: they profess every sort of affection for them; but when they have gained their point they know them no more.
A man--The Man--was approaching, accompanied by his female associate.
Potter wouldn't ever associate with me, but I reckon he'll be glad to when he finds out what I am.
But if the men of property in the state are but few, and their property is large, then an oligarchy of the second sort will take place; for those who have most power will think that they have a right to lord it over the others; and, to accomplish this, they will associate to themselves some who have an inclination for public affairs, and as they are not powerful enough to govern without law, they will make a law for that purpose.
de Heuglin, the Austrian vice-consul at Karthoum, has just organized a very important expedition, the first aim of which is to search for the traveller Vogel, who, in 1853, was sent into the Soudan to associate himself with the labors of Dr.
The only new book which I remember to have read in those two or three years at Dayton, when I hardly remember to have read any old ones, was the novel of 'Jane Eyre,' which I took in very imperfectly, and which I associate with the first rumor of the Rochester Knockings, then just beginning to reverberate through a world that they have not since left wholly at peace.
For the folks of Oz knew the kitten had tried to commit the crime, and that only an accident had prevented her from doing so; therefore even the Hungry Tiger preferred not to associate with her.
Ford led him into the general office, where he introduced him to the associate editor, Mr.
How was it possible to associate the charming object of my heart's worship with the miserable story of destitution which I had just heard?
associate with the people whom you would be likely to meet?
as I sometimes am) that you associate us with the author of our joint misfortunes.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- assisted panel
- assisted suicide
- assisted takeoff
- assistive technology
- Assmann psychrometer
- associate architect
- associate curve
- associate matrix
- associate operator
- associated architect
- associated automatic movement
- associated corpuscular emission
- associated document
- associated gas
- Associated Newspapers Ltd
- Associated Press
- associated prime ideal
- associated production
- associated radii of convergence
- associated tensor
- association area
- association center
- Association Colloid
- association constant
- Association Control Service Element
- association fiber
- Association for Astrological Networking
- Association for Computational Linguistics
- Association for Computing
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Association for Conservation Information
- Association for Preservation Technology International
- Association for Progressive Communications
- Association for Research and Enlightenment
- Association for SIMULA Users
- Association for Symbolic Logic
- Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities
- Association for the Rebirth of Vietnam
- Association for the Restoration of Vietnam
- Association for the Study of Dreams
- Association in Psychology
- association neuron
- Association of American Publishers
- Association of Artists of the Red Ukraine
Full browser ?
- Associated TeleVision
- associated tensor
- Associated Third Party Administrators
- Associated Train Crew Union
- Associated Transcription Services, Inc
- Associated Transrail Structures Ltd.
- Associated Underground Contractors
- Associated Underwater Scuba Instructors
- Associated Universities
- Associated Universities, Inc
- Associated Urban Management Consultants
- Associated Veterinary Laboratories
- Associated Video Producers
- Associated Volume Buyers
- Associated Western Universities, Inc.
- Associated Wire Rope Fabricators
- associated with
- associated with
- associated with
- associated with barley yellow dwarf virus
- associated with cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma
- Associated Women for Harding
- Associated World Logistics Network
- Associated Writers Guild of America
- Associated Writing Programs
- Associated Yacht Brokers
- Associated Youth Services
- Associated Youth Services of Peel
- Associated Zoos & Aquariums
- Associated-Particle Sealed-Tube Neutron Generator
- Associates Business Xchange
- Associates degree
- Associates Degree Completion Program
- Associates Financial Life Insurance Company
- Associates for Health Care
- Associates for International Resources and Development
- Associates for Middle East Research
- Associates for Research into the Science of Enjoyment
- Associates in Claims
- Associates in Commercial Underwriting
- Associates in Development
- Associates in Education and Prevention in Pastoral Practice
- Associates in Management
- Associates in Marine insurance Management
- Associates in Mental Health
- Associates in Occupational Technology
- Associates in Print and Paper Technology
- Associates in Risk Management
- Associates in Rural Development
- Associates International Insurance Brokers
- Associates of Glens Falls Insurance
- Associates of Loch Raven Village, Inc.
- Associates of Science
- Associates of Science Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide
- Associates of the Society of Leather Technologists and Chemists
- Associates of the Stanford University Libraries
- Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America
- Associates Services Center
- Associates to Develop Democratic Burma