Assortment

(redirected from assortments)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.

Assortment

 

(1) Assortment of production: the makeup and correlation of different articles in the output of an enterprise or branch of industry or in any given group of goods. Production is characterized by assortment with respect to both quality and grade. Socialist enterprises, departments, and ministries are obliged to fulfill production plans not only for total volume of products but for assortment as well.

(2) In commercial enterprises, the selection of varieties and grades of goods (for example, textiles).

References in periodicals archive ?
First, we have extended the line of research on choosing among assortments. Consumer choice decision is viewed as a hierarchical process (Chernev, 2006; Kahn & Lehmann, 1991).
It was soon perceived that Chinese rice half breeds were not suited to the tropics, and their grain quality was poor contrasted with the prominent ingrained high-yielding assortments developed in tropical nations.
-- CVS Health is deploying its expanded assortment of healthier food and beverages to more than 2,900 stores across the nation.
The company's optimisation solutions and virtual environments simulate and evaluate assortment and space alternatives based on shopping behavior, market trends and product performance.
Local--Because the stores are each independently owned and operated, the management teams at the stores are able to carry assortments that are customized to the unique needs of their markets.
"The 'athleisure' trend is changing the way American women are dressing," Soltau says, "making it necessary to expand our product assortment to ensure we are providing a wide array of options for consumers.
Anna's first move toward enlarging its housewares/tabletop assortment will be to expand in cookware.
Prosser, WA, October 25, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Northwest specialty food company, Chukar Cherries, has released limited holiday editions of their popular chocolate assortment boxes.
One thing you must consider is that retailers can vary in terms of their product assortment, size, merchandize, location, and services; thus once the target market is identified the retail format is designed accordingly.
Many product assortments fall short of their full potential despite collaboration between retailers and manufacturers.
It seems pretty simple - 80 percent of all your sales will come from 20 percent of your product assortment. But, without the other 80 percent, the 20 percent cannot occur.