balk(redirected from balker)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. a roughly squared heavy timber beam
2. a timber tie beam of a roof
3. Baseball an illegal motion by a pitcher towards the plate or towards the base when there are runners on base, esp without delivering the ball
A squared timber used in building construction.
A low ridge of earth that marks a boundary line.
A sudden thinning out, for a certain distance, of a bed of coal.
1. A squared timber used in building construction.
2. A low ridge of earth that marks a boundary line.