beak(redirected from beak overgrowth)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. the projecting jaws of a bird, covered with a horny sheath; bill
2. any beaklike mouthpart in other animals, such as turtles
3. Architect the upper surface of a cornice, which slopes out to throw off water
4. Chem the part of a still or retort through which vapour passes to the condenser
5. Nautical another word for ram
Any pointed projection, as on some fruits, that resembles a bird bill.
The tip of the umbo in bivalves.
The bill of a bird or some other animal, such as the turtle.
A projecting jawbone element of certain fishes, such as the sawfish and pike.