stool(redirected from bilious stool)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to bilious stool: black tarry stool
1. a rootstock or base of a plant, usually a woody plant, from which shoots, etc., are produced
2. a cluster of shoots growing from such a base
3. Chiefly US a decoy used in hunting
4. waste matter evacuated from the bowels
5. (in W Africa, esp Ghana) a chief's throne
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
The flat piece upon which a window closes, corresponding to the sill of a door.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
packing piece, stool
A block which is used to raise one or more members above others.
1. The flat piece upon which a window shuts down, corresponding to the sill of a door.
2. A narrow shelf fitted across the lower part of the inside of a window opening; butts against the sill.
3. A window stool.
4. Same as packing piece.
5. A framed support.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.