References in periodicals archive ?
(1) Also, biomimetics, biomimetic design, bio-inspiration, bio-inspired design, bionics, and bionik (in parts of Europe).
Zhang, "Gelatin/hyaluronic acid nanofibrous scaffolds: biomimetics of extracellular matrix," Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, vol.
With a patented extraction process called Eutectigenesis that offers a natural alternative to conventional solvents, the company says it can capture a plant cell's most precious metabolites to obtain biomimetic extracts with "augmented" phytoactive profiles and improved performance.
That sounds like a tree hugger's mantra, but a growing number of high-performing companies around the world, including those that currently have no plan to sell biomimetic products, are seeing immediate gains from doing exactly that."
This engaging demonstration provides some background on how biomimetic design can be inspired by small-scale biological characteristics.
PolyMedix's compounds are based on biomimetics: non-peptide small molecule drug candidates and polymers that mimic the activity of proteins.
A promising field in practical implementation of biomimetics devices and robots is the domain of intelligent materials.
Targeted to scientists and engineers and published quarterly, "Bioinspiration & Biomimetics" publishes research results involving the study and evaluation of principles and functions found in biological systems that have developed through evolution, and the application of that knowledge to produce new technologies and approaches to solving scientific problems.
The 1462-page hardback delivers quick access to all areas of polymer science, including important advances in nanotechnology, imaging and analytical techniques, controlled polymer architecture, biomimetics and so on, in one volume.
Offering the key information from the complete 12-volume set in a condensed format, this encyclopedia is said to provide quick access to all areas of polymer science, from recent advances in nanotechnology and analytical techniques to controlled polymer architecture and biomimetics. Covering more than 300 topics related to the science and application of polymers, this desk reference is said to provide both SI and common units, carefully selected key references for each article, and hundreds of tables, charts, figures and graphs.
His scientific reputation has given the Air Force a position of leadership in the areas of compact power, corrosion, electrode position, nanocomposite research, bionanotechology, biomimetics, biomaterials, and biointerfacial sciences.
Biomimetics, smart materials that mimic nature, are on the horizon.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- biomechanical model of illness
- biomedical chemical engineering
- biomedical engineering
- BioMeDical Package
- biometric device
- biometric signature
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biondo, Flavio
- bionic brain
- Bionic Man
- Bio-organic Chemistry
Full browser ?
- Biometrics in Human Services User Group
- Biometrics Management Office
- Biometrics Senior Coordinating Group
- Biometrics Task Force
- Biometrics Test Center
- Biometrics Working Group
- Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems
- Biométrie et Intelligence Artificielle
- Biometrische Signatur
- Biometrisches Merkmal
- Biometry and Risk Assessment Program
- biometry of the eye
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biomimetic Materials Processing
- Biomimetic Nanoscience and NanoTechnology
- Biomira Inc.
- Biomolecular and Cellular Resource Center
- Biomolecular and Physical Sciences
- Biomolecular Computation
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Biomolecular Engineering Programme
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Center
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute
- Biomolecular Interaction Network Database
- Biomolecular Interaction Technologies Center
- Biomolecular Science and Engineering
- Biomolecular Science Center
- Biomolecular Structure and Design