References in periodicals archive ?
(unicellular alga): implications for biomineralization. Chemical Geology, 63: 39-43.
Conservation of monumental stones by bacterial biomineralization. Microbiology Today.
Glossary of skeletal biomineralization. In Skeletal Biomineralization: Patterns, Processes and Evolutionary Trends, Vol.
Each volume is crystallized around a short course, and that on biomineralization was delivered prior to the fall 2003 meeting of the American Geophysical Union.
This review will summarize the structural features of calcium phosphates relevant to biomineralization. The phosphates containing [HPO.sub.4.sup.2-] and [PO.sub.4.sup.3-] generally constitute the biologically relevant calcium phosphates.
"It is interesting that the gap is so big between the first [jawless vertebrates] and the first evidence of biomineralization," says M.
Magnetite nanoparticles of consistent size, Composition and shape are produced by mtb through biomineralization processes.
(3) LoB5 Research Unit, School of Dentistry & Research Center for Biomineralization Disorders, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic ofKorea
Nacre thickness and weight are directly correlated with the nacre biomineralization process, as the epithelial cells from the outer surface of the mantle tissue (which lines the inner surface of the shell) have the property of synthesizing different calcium carbonate polymorphs (Wilbur 1964,Watabe 1988).
hyacinthus (Barshis et al., 2013) was searched for genes previously identified as involved in coral biomineralization. Within the filtered dataset of 16,800 contigs, we identified 70 calcification contigs: five galaxin contigs, nine [Ca.sup.2+] ATPase contigs (seven of these contigs map to two Acropora digitifera genes), 16 carbonic anhydrase contigs (eight of these map to four A.
In: Biomineralization: chemical and biochemical perspectives, S.
Its formation is a complex, highly intensive and well-planned biomineralization process.1 Enamel develops into the hardest body tissue from 20% by weight to 1% organic material.2
Encyclopedia browser ?
- biomechanical model of illness
- biomedical chemical engineering
- biomedical engineering
- BioMeDical Package
- biometric device
- biometric signature
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biondo, Flavio
- bionic brain
- Bionic Man
- Bio-organic Chemistry
Full browser ?
- Biometry and Risk Assessment Program
- biometry of the eye
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biomimetic Materials Processing
- Biomimetic Nanoscience and NanoTechnology
- Biomira Inc.
- Biomolecular and Cellular Resource Center
- Biomolecular and Physical Sciences
- Biomolecular Computation
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Biomolecular Engineering Programme
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Center
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute
- Biomolecular Interaction Network Database
- Biomolecular Interaction Technologies Center
- Biomolecular Science and Engineering
- Biomolecular Science Center
- Biomolecular Structure and Design
- Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics
- Biomolecular Systems Research Program