References in periodicals archive ?
Liu, Biomineralization strategy to [alpha]-Mn2O3 hierarchical nanostructures.
Physical and environmental scientists focus on three areas of applied mineralogy: high-technology materials based on minerals; environmental mineralogy; and biomineralization, biomimetics, and medical mineralogy.
Previous studies found that shell matrix proteins not only play a key regulatory role in biomineralization of shells, but also endue nacre with excellent biological and mechanical properties (Zhang & Zhang 2006, Wang et al.
Calcifying cyanobacteria - the potential of biomineralization for carbon capture and storage, Current Opinion in Biotechnology 21: 1-7.
First, we will make a brief introduction to the normal process of enamel biomineralization, and then we will study the available evidence on the effects of F- during key moments of the process.
Shells are the products of biomineralization and according to Mount et al.
Weiner, "Interactions between acidic proteins and crystals: stereo-chemical requirements in biomineralization," Proc Natl Acad Sci, vol.
Characterization of the pearl oyster (Pinctada martensii) mantle transcriptome unravels biomineralization genes.
Aggregation-based crystal growth and microstructure development in natural iron oxyhydroxide biomineralization products.
Biomineralization is the crystallization and self-organization processes used by the living organisms to build a number of biostructures with different hierarchical architectures in bone, teeth and nacre .
Liu, "The effect of magneticfield on biomineralization and corrosion behavior of carbon steel induced by iron-oxidizing bacteria, " Corros.
The metalloenzyme, carbonic anhydrase (CA), catalyzes the reversible hydration of carbon dioxide into bicarbonate, and is responsible for biomineralization processes in animals.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- biomechanical model of illness
- biomedical chemical engineering
- biomedical engineering
- BioMeDical Package
- biometric device
- biometric signature
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biondo, Flavio
- bionic brain
- Bionic Man
- Bio-organic Chemistry
Full browser ?
- Biometry and Risk Assessment Program
- biometry of the eye
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biomimetic Materials Processing
- Biomimetic Nanoscience and NanoTechnology
- Biomira Inc.
- Biomolecular and Cellular Resource Center
- Biomolecular Computation
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Biomolecular Engineering Programme
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Center
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute
- Biomolecular Interaction Network Database
- Biomolecular Interaction Technologies Center
- Biomolecular Science and Engineering
- Biomolecular Science Center
- Biomolecular Structure and Design
- Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics
- Biomolecular Systems Research Program