bisexual

(redirected from bisexually)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.

bisexual

1. (of some plants and animals) having both male and female reproductive organs
2. a bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite

bisexual

[‚bī′sek·shə·wəl]
(biology)
Of or relating to two sexes.
(psychology)
Possessing mental and behavioral characteristics of both sexes.
Having sexual desires for members of both sexes.
References in periodicals archive ?
(123) Thus, the study says little about the many bisexually behaving MSM
Furthermore, the dearth of agencies providing services to the lesbian and gay community precluded many participants from realizing their goal of working with lesbian-, gay-, or bisexually identified people.
They may or may not identify themselves as bisexual, but during significant periods of their life span they act bisexually. Studies of human sexuality world-wide indicate that the incidence of bisexuality ranges from high to low prevalence in all literate and many nonliterate societies.
Bisexually reproduced offspring are replaced by clones, hybrids, and materialized psychic emanations called "zimbus." Indeed, wild boy reproduction is rhizomatic, operating "by variation, expansion, conquest, capture, offshoots" (Deleuze and Guattari 21).
67), Laurel Hand becoming "a canny emblem for many American feminist critics" in her attempts to define herself "bisexually" through negotiation between the father's and the mother's "spaces" (pp.
Perhaps Jones meant to argue that Kinsey self-identified as a homosexual on the basis of his erotic fantasies, discarding as irrelevant his ability to perform bisexually. If that's what Jones means, he's forgotten to provide the evidence or make the argument.
Moreover, vampires love intensely, bisexually, and polymorphously: they kiss each other often.(29) But sexual intercourse is not an option: the supreme erotic experience is drinking blood.
In examining the adult sexual lifestyle of this latter group, it was found that the large majority (62, or 83%) of these subjects led exclusively heterosexual lives, and the remaining subjects (13, 17%) were bisexually oriented - that is, their adult sexual activities involved both male and female partners, although here, too, their preference was for women.
Latter gets an additional mother figure in Alma's cancer-sickened pot client Patricia (Harriet Schiffer-Scott), while everybody gets a new "child" in bisexually hapless French exchange student and housemate Penny (Fanny Ara-Herms).
Transvestism exists on a continuum between two poles, corresponding to the relative strength of the two halves of a bisexually riven ego, and functions quite differently at each pole.
Few studies have addressed the specific characteristics of adult male gay or bisexually identified escorts who work independently.
These findings, based on an analysis of data from a Massachusetts survey of high school students, (1) suggest that bisexually active young men deserve specific attention in prevention programs.