mould(redirected from breaking the mould)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms.
Related to breaking the mould: breaking the mold
mould1 (US), mold
1. a shaped cavity used to give a definite form to fluid or plastic material
2. something shaped in or made on a mould
mould2 (US), mold
1. a coating or discoloration caused by various saprotrophic fungi that develop in a damp atmosphere on the surface of stored food, fabrics, wallpaper, etc.
2. any of the fungi that causes this growth
loose soil, esp when rich in organic matter
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
1. A concave and/or convex form from which castings or pressings are replicated.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.