Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to casing: Sausage casing
1. a frame containing a door, window, or staircase
2. the outer cover of a pneumatic tyre
3. a pipe or tube used to line a hole or shaft
4. the outer shell of a steam or gas turbine
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A trim member, molding, framing or lining around door and window openings which give a finished appearance. They may be flat or molded.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
A finishing member around the opening of a door or window.
The outer portion of a tire assembly consisting of fabric or cord to which rubber is vulcanized.
A fire-resistant covering used to protect part or all of a steam generating unit.
A special steel tubing welded or screwed together and lowered into a borehole to prevent entry of loose rock, gas, or liquid into the borehole or to prevent loss of circulation liquid into porous, cavernous, or crevassed ground.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. The exposed trim molding, framing, or lining around a door or window; may be either flat or molded.
2. Finished millwork, of uniform profile, which covers pipes or encases a structural member such as a post or beam.
3. A pipe section
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
ii. The covering around a compressor.
iii. The outer covering of instruments and other similar devices.
An Illustrated Dictionary of Aviation Copyright © 2005 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved