margin(redirected from cavosurface margin)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. Commerce the profit on a transaction
2. Economics the minimum return below which an enterprise becomes unprofitable
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
The boundary around a body of water.
The blank area at the vertical and horizontal edges of a printed page.
(science and technology)
An outside limit.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. The exposed flat surface of the stiles and rails which form the framing around a panel.
2. The projecting surface above the stair nosings in a close string.
3. The mitered border around a hearth.
4. The exposed surface of a slate or tile which is not covered by the one above.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
marginA blank row at the extreme top and bottom or a blank column at the extreme left and right sides of a sheet of paper or on-screen window. Margins are used for design purposes as well as to accommodate printers that cannot print to the very edge of the paper. See margin guide and gutter.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.