centrifugal(redirected from centrifical)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. acting, moving, or tending to move away from a centre
2. of, concerned with, or operated by centrifugal force
3. Botany (esp of certain inflorescences) developing outwards from a centre
4. Physiol another word for efferent
5. any device that uses centrifugal force for its action
6. the rotating perforated drum in a centrifuge
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Acting or moving in a direction away from the axis of rotation or the center of a circle along which a body is moving.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.