change(redirected from changed mind)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
1. money given or received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or in a different currency
2. the balance of money given or received when the amount tendered is larger than the amount due
3. Archaic a place where merchants meet to transact business; an exchange
4. Astronomy the transition from one phase of the moon to the next
5. the order in which a peal of bells may be rung
6. Sport short for changeover
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
changesee SOCIAL CHANGE.
Collins Dictionary of Sociology, 3rd ed. © HarperCollins Publishers 2000
In building construction, an authorized alteration or deviation from the design or scope of work as originally defined by the contract documents.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.