Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The chicanes protrude out towards the centre of the road and when a bus stops to pick up passengers, motor vehicles behind the bus are held up until the bus leaves the bus stop pick-up point.
The road has been taken from two lanes each way, to one lane each way, with a stupid chicane effect, plus road narrowing, which causes accidents.
This is best demonstrated by the truly hideous chicane right at the end of the Sugo circuit.
He explained: "Sometimes you see cars racing to get through the chicane before the traffic coming in the opposite direction.
The alternative of chicanes - narrowing the road so only one vehicle can fit through at a time - has led to 'road rage' incidents and accidents where drivers failed to give way.
At the Sepang Formula 1 circuit they had set up a series of tight chic chicanes, 60 to 70 degree turns, ending in a sharp U turn, more chicanes and back to the start.
The drivers would be slowed down with chicanes and speed bumps.
Coulthard was among the vast majority of drivers who had agreed beforehand that there would be no overtaking before the first two controversial and dangerous chicanes on the high-speed track.
Obviously there was a lot of sadness about the fire steward who was killed and there has been a lot of debate about the new chicanes on the circuit.
Most parts of the steep banking are included, interrupted with chicanes on the back straight and some sweeps in the infield behind the pit lane.
Chicanes would "create conflict" between vehicles, and kerbed islands are not possible in the areas of concern.
That was minor compared to what then followed as first Kamui Kobayashi speared into another wall as he came out of the first chicanes at turn four.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Chiburdanidze, Maiia Grigorevna
- Chicago 8 trial
- Chicago boom
- Chicago caisson
- Chicago Commercial style
- Chicago cottage
- Chicago Financial Group
- Chicago fire
- Chicago Gospel Music Festival
- Chicago Heights
- Chicago Jazz Festival
- Chicago Natural History Museum
- Chicago Portage National Historic Site
- Chicago riots
- Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal
- Chicago school
- Chicago Seven
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Chicago Tribune
- Chicago Urban Parks
- Chicago window
- Chicago, Judy
- Chicago, University of
- Chichagof Island
- Chichagov, Pavel
- Chichagov, Pavel Vasilevich
- Chichagov, Vasilii
- Chichagov, Vasilii Iakovlevich
- Chichén Itzá
- Chicherin, Boris
- Chicherin, Boris Nikolaevich
- Chicherin, Georgi Vasilyevich
- Chicherin, Georgii
- Chicherin, Georgii Vasilevich
- Chicherov, Vladimir
- Chicherov, Vladimir Ivanovich
- Chichibabin Reaction
- Chichibabin, Aleksei
- Chichibabin, Aleksei Evgenevich
Full browser ?
- Chicana/Chicano Studies Alumni Association
- Chicano Cable Hot Wired News Network
- Chicano Hispanic Law Students Association
- Chicano Latino Alumni Association
- Chicano Latino Graduate Student Association
- Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Project
- Chicano Police Officers Association
- Chicano Studies Research Center
- Chicano Writers and Artists Association
- Chicano Youth Leadership Conference
- Chicano-Latino Network
- Chicano-Latinos Employment Opportunities
- Chicano/Latino Caucus
- Chicano/Latino Education Association
- Chicano/Latino Faculty and Staff Association
- Chicano/Latino Medical Student Association
- Chicanos Latinos Unidos en Servicio
- Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc