close(redirected from close down)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
restricted or prohibited as to the type of game or fish able to be taken
1. Law private property, usually enclosed by a fence, hedge, or wall
2. Brit a courtyard or quadrangle enclosed by buildings or an entry leading to such a courtyard
3. Brit a small quiet residential road
4. the precincts of a cathedral or similar building
5. Scot the entry from the street to a tenement building
6. Music another word for cadence. A perfect cadence is called a full close an imperfect one a half close
What does it mean when you dream about closing something?
Closing a door can mean closing a chapter of one’s life. We can also close our hearts to someone or close our eyes to something.
To make a file unavailable to a computer program which previously had access to it.
Colloquially, descriptive of oppressively still, warm, moist air, frequently applied to indoor conditions.
1. An enclosed space around or at the side of a building; esp. the neighborhood of a cathedral.
2. A narrow lane leading from a street.
close(1) To finish reading or writing a document. The close function typically saves any changes made to the document and releases the file so it can be used by another application. Contrast with open.
(2) To exit an application. Contrast with launch.