combustion furnace

combustion furnace

[kəm′bəs·chən ‚fər·nəs]
(analytical chemistry)
A heating device used in the analysis of organic compounds for elements.
(engineering)
A furnace whose source of heat is the energy released in the oxidation of fossil fuel.
References in periodicals archive ?
A high-efficiency combustion furnace, improved IR cell design and a robust, rugged design make the analyzer a resource for any laboratory needing fast and accurate analysis of sulfur and/or carbon in organic materials.
Over time and after many sample analyses, byproducts such as metal oxide dust accumulate in the combustion furnace area of the analyzer, resulting in erratic results or even component failure.
Another solution is to install a "closed" or "sealed" combustion furnace or water heater, which draws its combustion air directly from outside through a pipe and expels the fumes outside as well.
An improvement in energy efficiency, such as that provided by the residential pulse combustion furnace, can be expected to reduce both costs to the consumer and emissions into the environment.
Economy of Fuel Gas in a Combustion Furnace by Means of Si-C-Zr-O Tyranno-Fiber Mat Sheets Converting High Temperature Gas Enthalpy into Radiant Heat Rays (Kenji Suzuki, Kiyotaka Ito, Matsumi Tabuchi, and Masaki Shibuya).
Combustion Orientation--A notable design difference between the three types of systems is the orientation of the combustion furnace.
The Thermtronix exhibit featured several furnace designs as well as information on its new twin high-bay combustion furnace, which was first introduced in 1997.
6% in fuel use along with NOx reduction of 13%, CO was reduced 4%, CO2 was reduced 9% and a Total Hydrocarbon reduction of 13% was realized on an Industrial Combustion furnace burner, which has a fuel input rating of 5.
framework agreement in accordance with A* 197 bvergg 2006, as amended, with one party on the implementation of service and maintenance work (mechanically) to the fluidized bed combustion furnace line 4 (wso 4) factory simmer haide.
Combining a high-temperature combustion furnace, a self-contained acidification module and a highly sensitive C[O.
Commissioning of RLNG Burners for Rotary Dryers of 150 TPD and 300 TPD Amophos Plants,Start Up Burners for Sulphur Combustion Furnace of DCDA Plant and SO2/Acid Plant at FACT