crack(redirected from crack a book)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms.
, alkaloid drug derived from the leaves of the coca shrub. A commonly abused illegal drug, cocaine has limited medical uses, most often in surgical applications that take advantage of the fact that, in addition to its anesthetic effect, it constricts small arteries,
..... Click the link for more information. .
What does it mean when you dream about cracks?
Can represent a flaw or weakness. A crack in a dream could be drawing on the meaning of an idiom, such as “papering over the cracks,” “cracking up,” or “falling through the cracks.”
To break a compound into simpler molecules.
To open something slightly, for instance, a valve.
(science and technology)
A building defect consisting of complete or incomplete separation within a single element or between contiguous elements of constructions.
1. a break or fracture without complete separation of the two parts
2. a physical or mental defect; flaw
3. a broken or cracked tone of voice, as a boy's during puberty
4. Slang a processed form of cocaine hydrochloride used as a stimulant. It is highly addictive
5. Obsolete slang a burglar or burglary