liner(redirected from cylinder liners)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. a passenger ship or aircraft, esp one that is part of a commercial fleet
2. See freightliner
1. a material used as a lining
2. Engineering a sleeve, usually of a metal that will withstand wear or corrosion, fixed inside or outside a structural component or vessel
A replaceable tubular sleeve inside a hydraulic or pump-pressure cylinder in which the piston travels.
A string of casing in a borehole.
The cylindrical chamber that holds the billet for extrusion.
The slab of coating metal that is placed on the core alloy and is subsequently rolled down to form a clad composite.
A foot piece for uprights in timber sets.
Timber supports erected to reinforce existing sets which are beginning to collapse due to heavy strata pressure.
A bar put up between two other bars to assist in carrying the roof.
Replaceable facings inside a grinding mill.
A merchant vessel engaged in regular, usually high-speed service.
1. In fabrication of stone veneer (principally marble), stone bonded to the back of the thin facing sheets to add strength, rigidity, bearing surface, or depth of joint.
2. A tool used by painters.
3. A sleeve piece used in plumbing.
4. Same as jamb lining.