D

(redirected from d's)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.

D,

fourth letter of the alphabetalphabet
[Gr. alpha-beta, like Eng. ABC], system of writing, theoretically having a one-for-one relation between character (or letter) and phoneme (see phonetics). Few alphabets have achieved the ideal exactness.
..... Click the link for more information.
. It corresponds to the Greek delta. It is a usual symbol for a voiced dental or, as in English, alveolar stop. The capital represents in musical notationmusical notation,
symbols used to make a written record of musical sounds.

Two different systems of letters were used to write down the instrumental and the vocal music of ancient Greece. In his five textbooks on music theory Boethius (c.A.D. 470–A.D.
..... Click the link for more information.
 a note in the scale and in Roman numerals the number 500.

D

(nucleonics)
dee
(optics)

class A, B, C, D, E, F

A classification applied to fire doors, fire windows, roof coverings, interior finishes, places of assembly, etc., to indicate gradations of fire safety. See fire-endurance, fire-door rating.

d

Abbr. for penny (nail size).

D

Abbr. for “down.”

D

, D.
Deutsch: indicating the serial number in the catalogue (1951) of the musical compositions of Schubert made by Otto Deutsch (1883--1967)

D

(1)
"The Data Language." MS-DOS 4GL.

D

(2)
A Haskell-like language, with type classes.

E-mail: <polar@cs.syr.edu>.

D

An object-oriented programming language written by Walter Bright in 1999. It is similar to C/C++, but adds garbage collection, various array manipulations and numerous other features not found in C/C++, C# or Java. For more information, visit www.digitalmars.com.
References in periodicals archive ?
D's children own 40% of the common interests, and unrelated parties own the remaining 60%.
they wanted the gun D's response because the police
C's with black #6 D's and black #5 D's for unit 6's.
The review found that while Mrs D's ulcer was assessed and treated protocol was breached because it was not referred to the city's safeguarding team.
But he was unable to say whether Mr D's prognosis would have been better if he had been diagnosed earlier.
Jerry D's Extreme Makeover Techniques for Digital Glamour Photography offers professional photographers a fine set of guidelines on how to create glamour images that bring out the best in photos.
We have not yet established what started the altercation." John D's is a regular drinking spot for Travellers and the perpetrators are believed to be known by locals.
El destino sin embargo es muy difuso: <<la tierra que te mostrare>>, que solo reconoceran cuando D's la revele.
D's owner, faces allegations he recently sold cocaine from his bar on Hamilton Street.
Part of Double D's range of Revoband Continuous Cookers, the unit consists of a tunnel which delivers controlled hot air to all sides of the product.
Double D's Magnum Grip[TM] Arrow Puller fits all arrow sizes and doesn't require a strong grip to work.
If you can dream it, Sis and D's Handmade Spoons can make it for you.