declaration(redirected from declarations of the polls)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. the ruling of a judge or court on a question of law, esp in the chancery division of the High Court
2. Law an unsworn statement of a witness admissible in evidence under certain conditions
3. Cricket the voluntary closure of an innings before all ten wickets have fallen
4. Contract bridge the final contract
5. Cards an announcement of points made after taking a trick, as in bezique