References in periodicals archive ?
409A(a) (4)(B)(i), any election by a service provider to defer compensation for any tax year must be made before the beginning of such tax year.
14) Simultaneously, the government filed a criminal charge against KPMG, largely tracking the firm's confession, but prosecutors agreed to defer pursuing the case, and ultimately to dismiss the charge, if KPMG complied in full with the terms of the agreement.
An option to purchase employer stock (other than IRC section 422 incentive stock options or section 423 employee stock purchase plan options) does not defer compensation if?
Taxation of deferred compensation could be further deferred from its original payment schedule (or the form of payment changed) after the underlying services had been performed, if the agreement to defer was entered into more than a de minimis period before the first payment was due.
First, the law requires that any decision to defer compensation must be made in the taxable year prior to the deferral.
The effect of these adjustments is to defer the recognition of this income to future years.
409A applies to stock arrangements, distributions and the election to defer compensation.
The new provision will significantly limit how and when participants are able to defer compensation under nonqualified deferred compensation plans and hence reduces the flexibility that participants currently have under many such plans to change the time and form of the payment of their benefits after the initial deferral.
First, the IRS will scrutinize a taxpayer's attempt to defer income by transferring compensatory options to a related party in exchange for a deferred payment obligation.
Compensation may only be deferred if the election to defer was made in the previous tax year.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Defense Advanced Research Project Agency
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Defense Calculator
- Defense Communications Agency
- Defense Data Network
- Defense Data Network Network Information Center
- Defense Fund
- defense in depth
- defense information
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- defense mechanism
- Defense of the Soviet Polar Regions of
- Defense Trade Regulations
- defense visual flight rules
- defense warning conditions
- Defense, United States Department of
- Defensive Armament
- defensive electronics
- defensive minefield
- defensive patent
- defensive programming
- defensive spiral
- defensive split
- deferment factor
- deferred addressing
- deferred data item
- deferred entry
- Deferred Expenditures
- deferred gratification
- deferred maintenance
- deferred mount
- deferred processing
- Deffand, marquise du
- Defiance County
- deficiency disease
- Deficiency Explanations of Dreams
- deficiency index
Full browser ?
- Defensive Weapons System Maintenance Trainer
- Defensive Weapons System Team Trainer
- defensive zone
- Defensively Armed Merchant Ship
- Defensively Equipped Merchant Ship
- Defensor fidei
- Defensor Fortis Load Carriage System
- Defensoría de la Mujer Indígena
- Defensoria Maya
- Defer First Transmission
- defer to
- defer to
- defer to
- defer to (someone or something)
- defer to her
- defer to him
- defer to it
- defer to me
- defer to one
- defer to them
- defer to us
- defer to you
- Defer’s method