dorsal(redirected from dorsal recumbency)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Anatomy Zoology relating to the back or spinal part of the body
2. Botany of, relating to, or situated on the side of an organ that is directed away from the axis
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Located near or on the back of an animal or one of its parts.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A decorative hood above a niche, pulpit, choir stall, or the like.
2. A covered area which extends from the wall of a building, protecting an entrance or loading dock.
3. The collective term for the upper blanket of foliage on trees.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Pertaining to the rear and upper surface of an object (e.g., dorsal fin, dorsal tank).
An Illustrated Dictionary of Aviation Copyright © 2005 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved