double raised panel

raised panel, fielded panel

A panel with the center portion thicker than the edges or projecting above the surrounding frame or wall surface. When exposed on both sides (as on both sides of a door), it is called a double raised panel.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
Himark's Sight & Sound classic multimedia storage cabinet features double raised panel doors and raised panel sides.
The company plans to unveil a transitional group with double raised panel doors at High Point this month.