Mentioned in ?
- Abrahamson, Bruce A.
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Bachman Lake Park
- Baranof Castle Hill State Historic Site
- Belle Isle Park
- Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Boston National Historical Park
- Brackenridge Park
- Brecksville Reservation
- Brooklyn Academy of Music
- Burnham Park
- Bushnell Park
- Calgary Exhibition and Stampede
- Calgary International Children's Festival
- California State Capitol Museum
References in periodicals archive ?
City planner Don McConnell says the Station Mall remains the city's largest power retail outlet but the downtown is a vital part of the community, accounting for nearly half the municipality's total commercial assessment at about 47 per cent.
Urban enthusiasts like Tom Gilmore, a developer who has converted several downtown buildings into loft apartments, have lobbied hard for an ordinance to limit telecom space, particularly in the five-block swath of streets designated the neighborhood's "historic core." Because these companies fill buildings with more machinery than people, Gilmore and others see them as anathema to their vision of downtown as a mini-Manhattan, with latte shops, restaurants, trendy apartments, and 24-hour bustle.
This might seem an impossible expectation for a mere five acres of urban space, but if all the initiatives of the recently published Downtown Strategic Plan are carried out, Pershing Square will not have to achieve this gargantuan task completely alone.
But downtown merchants don't necessarily agree that office space is the way to help retailers.
In terms of new construction and new investment, 2011 is shaping up to be a landmark year for downtown Eugene.
The presentation features America Downtown, the highly successful technical assistance program available only to NLC members.
The Downtown Impact Team was created in 2014 and serves as a dedicated police unit for downtown Tulsa.
Aurora Downtown is a nonprofit organization that partners with the city to achieve a variety of goals, including downtown beautification, business attraction and retention through events and capital improvements, and marketing of the downtown.
Wildish Community Theater opened in November 2006, making it one of the first major redevelopment projects in downtown. The theater, near Sixth and Main streets, draws visitors from Eugene and other communities, making it a key player in the area's revitalization.
Set in motion nine years ago when the city first took advantage of NLC's America Downtown Program, the resulting Downtown Action Agenda has come to fruition, and along with it the need to define the next phase of action for moving downtown forward, according to Martin Berliner, New London's recently retired city manager.
"Downtown Third Thursdays invites prominent authors, architects and historians to help impart a greater understanding of Lower Manhattan's architectural and historical significance," said Valerie Lewis, Vice President of marketing at the Downtown Alliance.
"In the last couple of years, we're seeing a very positive momentum building in the downtown compared to five to ten years ago," says Maureen Luoma, executive director, Downtown Sudbury.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- down-looking radar
- downpipe shoe
- Downs cell
- Down's process
- Down's Syndrome
- Downs, North, and South Downs
- downslope time
- downstream clearances
- Downtime Coefficient
- Downtonian Stage
- Downtown Hoedown
- downward closed
- downward compatibility
- downwash angle
- downwind leg
- downwing side
- Downy cocktail
- Downy Mildew
- Dows, David
- dowsing rod
- Dowson, Ernest Christopher
- Dowty prop
- Doxiades, Constantinos
- Doxiadis, Constantinos Apostolos
Full browser ?
- Downtick Rule
- Downtick Volume
- Downtime Coefficient
- Downtime Due to Corrective Actions
- Downtime Due to Preventive Maintenance
- Downtime Failure
- Downtime Performance Measurement
- Downton Fall Risk Index
- Downtonian Stage
- Downtown Action Committee
- Downtown Action Team
- Downtown and Midtown Residents Association
- Downtown Annapolis
- downtown area
- Downtown Area Plan
- Downtown Area Plan Advisory Committee
- Downtown Area Shuttle
- Downtown Arena Design Team
- Downtown Art Gallery
- Downtown Artists Development Association
- Downtown Arts Center
- Downtown Arts District
- Downtown at Marina Bay
- Downtown Athletic Club
- Downtown Athletic Club of Orlando
- Downtown Aurora Visual Arts
- Downtown Baltimore Children's Center
- Downtown Baltimore Family Alliance
- Downtown Berkeley Association
- Downtown Binghamton Business Association
- Downtown Boise Implementation Plan
- Downtown Bolivar Association
- Downtown Boone Development Association
- Downtown Bronx Medical Associates
- Downtown Brooklyn
- Downtown Brooklyn Educational Consortium
- Downtown Brooklyn Neighborhood Alliance
- Downtown Brown
- Downtown Bryan Economic Development Association