soft(redirected from easy touch)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms.
1. Dialect drizzly or rainy
2. (of a diet) consisting of easily digestible foods
3. Chem (of water) relatively free of mineral salts and therefore easily able to make soap lather
4. (of a drug such as cannabis) nonaddictive or only mildly addictive
5. (of a currency) in relatively little demand, esp because of a weak balance of payments situation
6. (of radiation, such as X-rays and ultraviolet radiation) having low energy and not capable of deep penetration of materials
7. Physics (of valves or tubes) only partially evacuated
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
softFlexible and changeable, as in "software," which can be reprogrammed for different results. The computer's soft nature is its greatest virtue; however, the reason it takes so long to get new systems developed in an enterprise has little to do with the concept. It is based on which software tools are used to create the systems and the skill level of the technical staff, compounded by the organization's bureaucracy.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.